Owning A Bookstore – Online Training
If you’ve had a dream of owning a bookstore that just won’t let go, you have found the place to gain the information and skills you need to confirm your next career path and learn how to open and operate your bookstore business.
Part 1: Foundations for Success
Study online with 12 training sessions to learn the foundations of launching a retail bookstore business. Whether you’ve already made the decision to own a bookstore or if you are curious about opening a bookstore, but not sure, this is the place to start.
You’ll learn what is needed to develop your business plan narrative and projections, a valuable process regardless if you’re self-funding or need to raise capital since the business plan becomes the foundation of your new venture.
Once you’ve confirmed plans to own a bookstore, you can continue your training with Part 2: the in-person Workshop Retreat for details on store design, choosing a computer system, buying books and non-book merchandise, staffing, and marketing for your Grand Opening.
Your business plan just got a lot easier with:
- Information and insights from industry professionals
- Book industry research
- Links to valuable resources
- Exercises & case study
- Spreadsheets for opening costs, financial projections, and a timeline for planning and tracking your opening tasks
What you’ll learn about the business of bookselling:
- Overview of Online Training & Assessing the Skills You Bring to the Job
- Competitive Advantages for Bricks-and Mortar Booksellers
- Book Industry Trends
- Start-up Investment
- Your Banking Relationship
- Financial Dynamics of Retail Bookstores
- How to Estimate Sales & Owner’s Earnings
- Assessing the Strength of Your Location
- Lease Negotiation
- Opening Timeline
- Summary & Next Steps
You’ll get answers to your questions about bookselling and tons of detail to help you develop your business concept.
Tuition: $495 USD per person